POLAR - Power and Precision in Postpress
An independent family business, POLAR develops efficient solutions in the post-press branch and positions itself as a global, trend-setting technology company. The range of products includes components and systems for networking and automating various processes from loading, via jogging, cutting and die-cutting right through to unloading and banding.
We have been producing cutting machines that are perfect for Print-on-Demand markets working with formats up to 46 x 64 cm under the MOHR brand since 2012. Another member of the POLAR Mohr group is Dienst Verpackungstechnik GmbH, a business producing components and systems for the automatic packaging of goods, primarily in the food industry.
- Main factory, Adolf Mohr Maschinenfabrik, Hofheim/Germany
- Factory POLAR Postpress Machinery (PPM), Shanghai/China. Here we produce machines for the chinese market since 2006.
- Subsidiary Dienst Verpackungstechnik GmbH, Hochheim/Germany. Within the packaging industry a well known company for top- and side-loader. The take-over took place in August 2011.
Number of Employees
- Approx. 500 (incl. trainees)
- Compact Cutting Machines: Cutting width: 56, 66, 80, 115 cm
- POLAR High-Speed Cutters: Cutting width 78, 92, 115, 137, 155, 176 cm (26", 30 11/16", 36 1/4", 45 1/4", 54", 61", 69 5/16")
- POLAR 3-Side Trimmer
- POLAR Cutting Systems with components for Loading, Jogging, Buffering, Cutting, Conveying and Off-loading of printed and unprinted material, for various stages of automation.
- The networking-concept POLAR P-Net and its module Compucut® guarantee an easynetworking of Prepress and Postpress. The application CutManager allows a complete recording of the operating data.
- POLAR Pile Turners create more production flow in every printing and paper converting company.
- POLAR LabelSystems, for the production of square-cut and die-cut labels, are rounding off the POLAR product range.
- Approx. 1,000 - 1,200 High-Speed Cutters
- Approx. 900 Peripheral equipment components
- History: As of the end of 2010 more than 130,000 POLAR cutters have been sold!
Sales- and Service Organisations
- Representations in 170 countries with over 200 branch offices, more than 600 service engineers and approx. 2,000 employees.
- Export share 2013: more than 85%
- Gutenberg Gesellschaft, Mainz (Gutenberg Association)
- Printpromotion, Frankfurt
- VDMA, Frankfurt (Association of German Machinery and Plant Manufacturers)